DAAD-Scholarships for PhD students from Leibniz Universität Hannover
Via the International Office, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) offers a number of research assistantships, teaching assistantships, and Completion scholarship for the final phase of a dissertation for international PhD students at Leibniz Universität Hannover.These financial support ara for international PhD students who do not receive other scholarship and do not have a full-time-working contract. The main selection criteria are academic perfomance and social need. If sufficient funds are available PhD candidates can be sponsored for a maximum period of 12 months.
There are three differents fundings support:
- Research Assistantship: it's for PhD students who are at an early stage of their dissertation and are part of a research group and/or work on a specific project under the supervision of a professor.. The financial support is usually granted for six months.For the duration of the Reserach Assistantship, the PhD candidate must sign a working contract at the respective institut. The position will be financed by the International Office. It cannot exceed 450 € (Arbeitgeberbrutto).
- Teaching Assistantship: it's for PhD students who are actively engaged in teaching at Leibniz Universität Hannover. These are granted for the duration of one lecture period (four months) and can be supported by a monthly payment of up to 450 €.
- Completion Scholarship: it's for internationalPhD candidates who are going to finish their dissertation within the next 6 to 12 months.
You can hand in your application on Mondays between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. or Wednesdays and Thursdays between 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. at the ServiceCenter in the main building.
For further information:
Dr. Marcus Hoppe
0511 762 3854
Funding possibilities of the Graduate Academy
The Graduate Academy offers different financial support possibilities for PhD students of Leibniz Universität Hannover:
- Exposé Scholarship (Exposé - Stipendium)
- Funding for research abroad (Auslands-Stipendium)
- Graduation Scholarship (Abschluss-Stipendium)
- Travel cost (Reisekostenpauschalen)
- PhD initiatives (Doktoranden-Initiativen)
More information: Funding possibilities of the Graduate Academy.